Fall 2018 Retreats and Events
Listen, God is Calling: Discernment Retreat for High School Youth
August 24-25: St. Louis
September 7-8: Camp Tomah Shinga
Do recognize gifts in a youth you know, gifts for ministry both in the church and in the world? Can you identify and invite a youth to “listen” to a tugging from God and begin to discern what God is calling them to do?
The Central States Synod is sponsoring two discernment retreats for high school youth. Pastors, youth workers, lay leaders are encouraged to invite a high school youth to attend along with themselves. The retreats, held in two locations, will begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday and end by 4:00 p.m. on Saturday.
The purpose of the retreats is to:
- Identify and nurture youth who have a vocation in the church
- Raise up leaders (rostered and lay) in the church
- Assist high school youth discern their gifts for ministry, both in the church and in the world
During the retreat youth and their mentors (inviters) will talk about, explore, and engage in activities that help them:
- Identify the many voices calling and directing us – what are they saying?
- Listen for and distinguish God’s voice in the midst of the many voices.
- Hear what God is saying to us now – what is God calling us to do?
Post National Youth Gathering Retreat
September 29 - 30, 2018
Did you go to the National Youth Gathering in Houston this year? Did you experience the Holy Spirit working in your life while you were there? If so, this retreat is for you! Join us for a weekend at camp to reconnect with the friends you made in Houston while we debrief how God was present in Houston and how he has continued to be present since you have returned home.